A member-owned cooperative distributor, founded in 1946 in St. Louis, Missouri, by a group of store owners looking for an easier way to receive their merchandise is looking for a warehouse manager for it's Harlan, IA location.
The Warehouse Manager works together with the Director of Operations to plan, direct, and maintain an efficient warehouse operation. The successful candidate will have demonstrated capabilities in operations and team development.
Warehouse Manager Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and is responsible for managing both the shipping and receiving functions.
- Maintain highest level of customer service orientation towards both internal sales personnel and end customers.
- Commit to continuous improvement of all warehouse operations.
- Develop leads providing developmental opportunities.
- Partner with Human Resources in order to become proficient in the legal aspects of managing company employees.
- Ability to master computer applications used by company and use computer applications to fullest extent including ability to extract data and reporting from said systems.
- Develop metrics with Director of Operations to measure department efficiency and productivity and publish on monthly basis. Some metrics should be by department, some by entire operation, and some by individuals.
- Identify sales or purchasing oriented issues and bring to attention of Director of Operations and/or GM (e.g. broken cases when not necessary, consistent exceptions by one rep, over purchasing of certain items).
Warehouse Manager Qualifications:
- Must be able to begin work 7 a.m. Monday through Friday. Work other shifts as circumstances require.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Ability to operate sit down forklift, reach truck, and order picker
- Able to operate box truck and be DOT certified- Previous supervisory experience
Must be able to demonstrate prior experience with warehouse systems and scanning technology preferably in a distribution environment
- Must have prior experience in shipping and receiving functions
- Capable of using Microsoft Office software, specifically Outlook and Excel
- Prior experience using ERP systems (e.g. Order Entry, Inventory, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Auto-Quotes system
If interested in this Warehouse Manager position call Jeremy at 402-895-4422 or click the link below to apply today!