Immanuel is seeking a Full-Time Floating Sous Chef to work 40 hours/week at our home office and communities. Starting pay will be up to $24.00hour, depending on experience, as well as a competitive benefits package.
The overall purpose of this job is to ensure high-quality food is prepared, apportioned, and presented in an appealing manner to residents. The responsibilities of this job include all types of food preparation, including yet not limited to baking, grilling, stove-top and oven cooking; and cleaning the kitchen. The incumbent may be assigned to oversee progress of kitchen staff abilities, kitchen projects or special events, certain aspects of food preparation in the kitchen, inventory management and oversees the kitchen function when the Team Lead of Food & Nutrition Services is not available. Supports and lives out Immanuels mission and CHRIST Promises.
Job Duties & Skills Required:
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Prepares nutritious and delicious food for residents.
- Apportions and presents food in an appealing manner.
- Challenges kitchen staff with new and interesting food preparation methods.
Safety / Sanitation
- Cleans and inspects galley equipment and appliances.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas including surfaces, towels, utensils, and dispensers.
- Maintains safety of work areas.
- Follows all procedures and regulations as written by management.
- Maintains stock in kitchen and food prep areas.
- Conducts kitchen inventory.
- Orders food and supplies.
- May oversee special projects or areas of food preparation for individual development.
- Trains, coaches, and monitors progress of new kitchen staff.
- Ensures kitchen staff are completing their tasks in a timely and thorough manner.
- Communicates any changes/information with the Team Lead of Food & Nutrition Services.
- Oversees the kitchen function when the Team Lead of Food & Nutrition Services is not available.
- Assists with special events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED is preferred.
- Degree in Culinary Arts from a trade or vocational school is preferred.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Two (2) years of culinary experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Food Handler certificate is preferred.
- Serve Safe certification is preferred.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of food standards and sanitation practices (e.g., food-borne illnesses cross-contamination, etc.)
- Knowledge of good customer service practices.
- Skills in food preparation.
- Ability to follow recipes.
- Skills in cooking food to appropriate temperature, consistency, and texture.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to carry items back and forth between locations.
- Ability to verbally communicate in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions as written by management.
- Ability to meet all safety and sanitation guidelines as written by Immanuel.
- Ability to treat all types of people with compassion.
- Ability to be motivated.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multitask and be flexible when working through changes in responsibility.
- Knowledge of the kitchens inventory and ordering process.
- Knowledge of budget processes and principles.
- Skills in operating a computer.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to relate to participants and staff.