The overall purpose of this job is to contribute to the Mission and Vision of Immanuel by serving as a designated functional lead with oversight of the day to day activities of operations and team members for the Food & Nutrition Services department. The primary responsibilities of this job include providing management support to plan, organize and lead resources with assigned team members; as well as functioning as an individual contributor within the food services department. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Approx. Time Requirement
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Oversight of Food Services
- Associate Degree in Food and Nutrition or equivalent education to allow registration with the American Dietetic Association as a Diet Technician.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Two (2) years of food preparation and service experience required, preferably in a Long Term Care setting.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) certification preferred.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of data entry, computer skills appropriate to entering information into menu program, MDS and initiating care planning process.
- Knowledge and application of sanitation, foodborne illness, and cross-contamination policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of budgeting principles.
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets.
- Skills in verbally communicating with others in a compassionate and professional manner, including residents and their families.
- Skills in hiring, training, and managing kitchen services employees.
- Ability to learn, understand, and comply with food code rules and regulations, and DHHS rules and regulations for dietary programming in long term care.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to cordially serve seniors, show compassion, listen, and be respectful of residents' needs
- Ability to interact effectively with persons with physical, psychosocial and /or behavioral limitations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.