Immanuel Fontenelle is seeking a RN MDS Specialist/House Supervisor Full Time days. This position comes with an excellent compensation and benefits program.
This position consists of 60% MDS and 40% House Supervisor which requires working every other weekend.
Responsible for coordinating the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) process including completion of an accurate Minimum Data Set (MDS) and development of the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care. Additionally, this individual will participate in the Medicare Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) Interdisciplinary Team Meeting (IDM). These duties are to be performed in a timely manner consistent with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) guidelines and Nebraska/Iowa Regulations This individual also establishes and maintains positive relationships with all members of the health care team. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the respective state in which he/she is employed is required.
- Two (2) years of progressive experience in a skilled care community or related experience is required.
- One (1) year nursing experience with the MDS process.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Certification in Resident Assessment Coordinator from an accredited institution is required within twelve (12) months of hire.
- Be legally authorized (currently licensed or if applicable, certified or registered) to practice the job's functions and actions in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- Only act within the scope of his/her authority to practice in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- Certification in Basic Life Support and First Aid is preferred or willingness to get certified within 60 days of hire date.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual and social needs of the senior and/or frail elderly population and their families.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles and practices in the nursing field.
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and professional standards.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, instruments and equipment and how to use and maintain them.
- Knowledge of MDS assessment and assessment reference dates (ARDs).
- Ability to coordinate and manage RAI process.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines.
- Knowledge of internet capabilities to find information, use searches and open standard browsers.
- Skilled in effective written/verbal communication.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents/participants, co-workers, family members and vendors.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of employees and to work independently in accomplishing assignments and goals.
- Ability to think strategically and problem solve.
- Ability to organize and effectively use time, resources, and talents.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate personal traits of high level of motivation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining professional effective working relationships.
- Self-directed in evaluation progression toward professional goals and accepts ongoing responsibility for own role development.
- Ability to place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.
- Ability to lead team of interdisciplinary professionals.
- Ability to assess and process information in a logical manner.
- Ability to deal with conflicting events outside realm of control.
- Ability to set goals, monitor progress and obtain established goals within established time frames.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to plan effectively using proactive approach, keeping appointments and follow through on commitments.
- Knowledge of Immanuel, its Mission and Christ Promises and how they directly correlate to this position.