The overall purpose of this job is to oversee a larger community that has a continuum of care with three (3) or more of the following business lines: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support, Skilled-Nursing, Long Term Care and/or Pathways. The Executive Director ensures quality care and customer service are delivered as measured by levels of occupancy, resident satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and operating margin. The primary responsibilities of this job include overseeing the daily operations of the community, ensuring appropriate staff members are hired and trained, directing the marketing efforts to attain full occupancy, and to operate the community within budget. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Sales & Marketing
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Health Sciences, or related field is required.
- Equivalent years of experience may be substituted for educational qualifications.
- Six (6) years of progressive job growth in managing a continuum-of- care, assisted living, or skilled care community for senior citizens is preferred.
- Three (3) years management experience preferably in a geriatric health care setting.
- Management experience in a community based long term care program preferred.
- Demonstrated experience associated with regulatory and legal requirements required.
- Equivalent years of education may be substituted for experience qualifications.
- Must be licensed and/or registered as an Assisted Living Facility Administrator
- Licensed as a Nursing Home Administrator through the State of Nebraska DHHS is preferred.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct resident contact.
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills i.e. Health Care Level Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Automated External Defibrillator (AED); First Aid (FA).
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of applicable regulations related to all facets of the continuum of care including Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support, Long-term Care and Skilled Nursing.
- Knowledge and demonstrated competency in the management of healthcare programs for the elderly.
- Knowledge of physical, mental, and social needs of the frail elderly and their families.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents, staff members, co-workers, family members, and vendors.
- Knowledge of quality improvement and cost containment systems.
- Skilled in making decisions and leadership principles.
- Skilled in managing and supervising managerial and professional staff members.
- Ability to lead teams in effective operations and quality care.
- Knowledge of business management and finance principles.
- Knowledge of staffing processes and procedures.
- Skilled in critical thinking to solve problems for residents and staff members.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication to enhance clear understanding.
- Ability to listen effectively seeking first to understand, then to be understood.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work as a self-directed, highly organized individual with the ability to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to effectively lead teams, especially those with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet, email, Microsoft Office)
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan, prioritize and follow-up on delegated responsibilities.
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving skills to complex issues.
- Ability to foster collaborative working relationships.