Responsible for providing and assisting participants with activities of daily living, administration of medications, restorative and supportive care necessary to the preservation of the home environment. Assists in monitoring and reporting the health status and providing a safe environment for the participants of Immanuel Pathways. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Participant Care & Assistance 70%
Policies & Procedures 10%
Follows policies and procedures of Immanuel Pathways through:
Safety Standards 5%
Follows safety policies and guidelines through:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Current license as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the respective state in which he/she is employed required.
- Minimum 18 years of age according to Nebraska state regulation and current Medication Aide-40 Hour on the Medication Aide Registry is required if working in the state of Nebraska.
- Current Medication Aide-50 Hour or completion of the Medication Manager Course is required if working in the state of Iowa.
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly population required, or completion of job specific training related to working with the elderly population must be completed within the first six months of hire.
- One (1) year of experience is required working as a C.N.A in a nursing home, as a home health care worker, or similar position with seniors.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
- Reliable transportation meeting all state transportation requirements (licensed driver, insurance, etc.) is required as this position will require local travel.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills i.e. Health Care Level Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Automated External Defibrillator (AED); First Aide (FA).
- Be legally authorized (currently licensed or if applicable, certified or registered) to practice the job's functions and actions in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- Only act within the scope of his/her authority to practice in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- Agree to abide by the philosophy, practices, and protocols of the PACE organization.
- Job specific competencies for the In-Home Services Certified Medication Aide (C.N.A & C.M.A) will be met prior to assuming participant care.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of principles, practices standards and techniques of a C.N.A. and C.M.A.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of how to use and maintain medical equipment.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, co-workers, medical staff, and the public.
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet, email, Microsoft Office).