The purpose of this job is to intimately understand healthcare operational processes to ensure that Electronic Health Record (EHR) software is optimally configured in satisfying operational needs. This position is expected to develop a comprehensive understanding of the functionality/scripting and limitations of the software in order to maximize its use. This position documents process workflows which address both operational and technical considerations to enhance communication and facilitate the identification of process gaps. Collaborates and negotiates best practice workflows which enhance efficiency of healthcare operations and quality of care while maximizing the use of electronic processes. Ensures that training curriculums around electronic processes satisfy operational workflows and technical requirements. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare or related field is preferred.
- Equivalent years of healthcare experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Prior Process Analysis or related experience is desired.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience working in a long-term care, clinic or hospital environment where an Electronic Health Record (EHR) system was employed is required. Healthcare work experience could be gained through various positions such as Unit Secretary, Medical Assistant, LPN, and/or RN as examples.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of basic database principles.
- Strong working knowledge of Electronic Health Record Principles.
- General knowledge of how to create, organize and communicate workflows.
- Basic HIPAA privacy and security principles.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Visio.
- Ability to use creative problem solving skills.
- Analytical curiosity, expect the unexpected, what if's.
- Skills in critical thinking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication.
- Ability to recognize data integrity issues.
- Ability to comply with privacy and security policies.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of audiences to arrive at solutions.
- Ability to recognize different learning styles and adjust accordingly.
- Ability to recognize functional areas of software and apply to operational requirements.
- Ability to break down complex work into manageable components.