The role of the Nurse Manager, RN is to ensure the best possible service and care is provided to the residents within the Assisted Living, Residential Care community (specific to certain locations only), and those receiving Home Health Services (specific to certain locations only). The manager is responsible to ensure excellence of personalized care, meeting and exceeding the goals set by Immanuel, state/federal regulations, safety, and resident care and satisfaction. The manager hires, trains and motivates the finest employees to achieve high levels of performance and work harmoniously in a team setting. The manager is expected to perform at the highest levels of customer service, dignity, compassion, and respect as a leader of the department. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Supervises, leads or assists health care staff. This includes:
Safety & Monitoring
- Current & active RN license in the state of Nebraska, Iowa, or compact state required.
- Assisted Living Administrator registered in the respective state in which she/he is employed is desirable.
- Three (3) years of general and related nursing experience preferably with direct experience in a lead or supervisory role.
- Experience in the assisted living environment is desired.
- Equivalent years of education and experience may substitute for experience requirement.
- Certification as a First Responder CPR/AED and First Aid by national standards or willingness to obtain within 60 days of hire.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of principles, practices, standards and techniques of nursing.
- Knowledge of Assisted Living regulations for the state in which one is working.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs of the senior population and their families.
- Skilled in identifying problems or issues, thinking of alternatives for solution, and determining the solution/making the decision.
- Skilled in organization, planning and follow through.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents/participants, staff members, co-workers, family members, and vendors.
- Skilled in effective and appropriate oral and written communication.
- Ability to use a continuous improvement approach in daily business practices.
- Ability to implement quality practices in personal behavior and job/department outcomes.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to appropriately use equipment, facilities, and materials to do certain work.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision .
- Ability to listen effectively seeking first to understand, then to be understood.
- Ability to give and accept feedback as a way of affirming others, or giving and receiving opportunity for improvement.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in an emergency situation.
- Ability to organize and effectively use time, resources, and talents.