The primary responsibilities of this job include providing basic household services such as housekeeping and home organization assistance in participant homes to facilitate a clean and healthy living environment. The In-Home Services Homemaker will complete grocery shopping and meal preparation in participant's homes. Assists in monitoring the environment for the Interdisciplinary Team. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Homemaker Services in Participant Homes
Policies and Procedures
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly population required, or completion of job specific training related to working with the elderly population must be completed within the first six months of hire.
- One (1) year of housekeeping or related experience is preferred.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Be legally authorized to practice the job's functions and actions in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- Only act within the scope of his/her authority to practice in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- Agree to abide by the philosophy, practices, and protocols of the PACE Organization.
- Job specific competencies for the In-Home Services Homemaker job will be met prior to assuming job specific duties in participant homes.
- Reliable transportation is required as this position will require travel between participant home locations, local shopping venues and PACE Center.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) current certification.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of practice standards and expectations of housekeeping tasks.
- Knowledge of basic cleaning procedures, products, and tools used to most efficiently clean specific areas.
- Ability to operate basic cleaning equipment such as vacuum, mops and brooms.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to be physically active throughout entire shift.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish safe work environment.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, families, coworkers and the public.
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to chart via EHR.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (Internet, Email, Calendar, Microsoft Office)