The Landing is seeking a Full time Nights Care Partner. Starting hourly wage is $17 an hour!
**We will cover the cost to have you obtain your MA-40, if you dont have this at the time of an employment offer.**
The primary role of the Care Partner - AL position is to provide Christcentered support and assistance to residents allowing them to enjoy their highest level of independence while receiving the necessary care and service to meet their changing needs. The Care Partner AL provides resident care services and administration of medications which includes charting, reporting and monitoring resident's condition. The Care Partner AL is required to be Certified Nurse Assistant/Aide and Certified Medication Aide in addition to their responsibilities. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Current license as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the respective state in which he/she is employed required.
- Minimum 18 years of age according to Nebraska state regulation and current Medication Aide-40 Hour on the Medication Aide Registry is required if working in the state of Nebraska.
- Current Medication Aide-50 Hour if working in the state of Iowa.
- One (1) year of general work experience is required.
- Work-related experience is desired.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct resident contact.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) current certification or ability to obtain certification within 60 days of hire is required.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs of the senior and/or frail elderly population and their families.
- Ability to prepare and administer medication and treatments accurately and timely.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices in a care giving function.
- Skilled in effective and appropriate written communication.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents, co-workers, family members, and management.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, instruments and equipment and how to use and maintain them.
- Ability to appropriately use equipment, facilities, and materials to do certain work.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Medical Records.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate personal traits of high level of motivation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally; clear and concise, make eye contact, pleasantly greet people, and use tact and diplomacy in interactions at all levels.
- Ability to place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.
- Ability to work shifts as posted and/or required.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet, email, Microsoft Office).