Immanuel Courtyard is seeking a Full Time NIGHTS Medication Aide 40. This comes with a competitve compensation and benefits package.
The primary role of the Medication Aide 40 - AL is to provide Christ-centered service in resident care and support through assisting with the administration of medications including charting, reporting, and monitoring resident's condition. The Medication Aide 40 - AL maintains a safe and clean environment and documents any incidents involving a resident. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Administrative & Compliance
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 18 years of age according to Nebraska state regulation and current Medication Aide-40 Hour on the Medication Aide Registry is required if working in the state of Nebraska.
- Current Medication Aide-50 Hour working in the state of Iowa.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Medication Aide (MA) is preferred.
- Previous experience in a health care environment is preferred.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct resident contact.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) current certification or ability to obtain certification within 60 days of hire is required.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs of the senior and/or frail elderly population and their families.
- Ability to prepare and administer medication and treatments accurately and timely.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices in a care giving function.
- Skilled in effective and appropriate written communication.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents, co-workers, family members, and management.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, instruments and equipment and how to use and maintain them.
- Ability to appropriately use equipment, facilities, and materials to do certain work.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate personal traits of high level of motivation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally; clear and concise, make eye contact, pleasantly greet people, and use tact and diplomacy in interactions at all levels.
- Ability to place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.
- Ability to work shifts as posted and/or required.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet, email, Microsoft Office).