Do you love the thought of talking with people who need help in life? Do you love the idea of working with great coworkers?
The overall purpose of this job is to assist in resident move-in, move-out, building and maintaining relations with referral sources, and addressing the social service needs of residents. The primary responsibilities include executing processes that support the mental, social, rehabilitation, financial and discharge planning needs of residents and their families. This position is also responsible for responding to inquiries and providing marketing of services to residents and families seeking care. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Marketing & Sales Coordination
Resident Move and Support
Assistance with outside services
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school in a healthcare or social services field.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- One (1) year of experience in an assisted living or skilled care community or related experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Social Services Designee Certificate
- Certified Nursing Assistant preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of Minimum Data Set (MDS) questionnaire and interview process.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to long term care CCRC administration.
- Knowledge of medications, mood and behavior issues.
- Knowledge of SSI, disability and reimbursement programs.
- Ability to support, cooperate and implement specific procedures and programs for:
- Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risks management security.
- Confidentiality of all data, including resident, employee and operations data
- Quality assurance and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Compliance with current law and policy
- Maintains a positive and respectful working relationship with Executive Director, Director of Nursing, Business Office, other employees, residents and families.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and composure when interacting with leadership, peers, residents and families.
- Is knowledgeable of resident rights and ensures an atmosphere which allows for privacy, dignity, and well being of all residents in a safe and secure environment.
- Maintains a working knowledge of managed care referral processes.
- Ability to use a personal computer, and work independently by being self motivated, self-directed and goal oriented.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally; make eye contact, pleasantly greet people, and use tact and diplomacy in interactions at all levels.
- Effective and appropriate written communication skills.
- Completes requirements of employer policies and procedures including, for an example, timely completion of in service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
- Ability and willingness to provide assistance in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to calmly and respectfully deal with a disgruntled or irritated customer.
- Ability to be pro-active by seeking out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked.
- Ability to listen effectively seeking first to understand, then to be understood.