The overall purpose of this job is to complete interior and exterior carpentry work and maintain utilities for the facility. The responsibilities of this job include maintaining HVAC, heat pumps, furnaces, plumbing, and electrical functionality, record keeping, hanging dry wall, and clearing snow from walkways. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- HVAC Trade or Vocational Schooling is preferred.
- Two (2) years of facilities maintenance experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- EPA certification is preferred.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of electrical principles (e.g., light switches, ballast, and breakers).
- Knowledge of plumbing principles (e.g., faucets, shower controls, and drains).
- Knowledge of HVAC (e.g., fans, blowers, thermostats, and flame sensors).
- Knowledge of basic mechanical principals (e.g., pumps, motors, and garage doors).
- Knowledge of building codes.
- Skills in operating Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Skills in painting.
- Skills in general carpentry.
- Skills in dry walling, plumbing, and electrical work.
- Skills in basic mechanical maintenance.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to read and understand MSDS.
- Ability to diagnose maintenance problems and seek resolutions.
- Ability to manage time wisely and prioritize duties.
- Ability to comply with safety policies.
- Ability to read architectural drawings and understand equipment documentation.