The overall purpose of this job is to ensure high-quality food is prepared, apportioned, and presented in an appealing manner to residents. The responsibilities of this job include all types of food preparation, including yet not limited to baking, grilling, stove-top and oven cooking; and cleaning the kitchen. The incumbent may be assigned to oversee progress of cooks' abilities, kitchen projects, or certain aspects of food preparation in the kitchen. Supports and lives out Immanuel's mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- High School Diploma/GED is preferred.
- Degree in Culinary Arts from a trade or vocational school is preferred.
- Two (2) years of culinary experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Serve Safe training is preferred
- Food Handler certificate is preferred.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of food standards and sanitation practices (e.g., food-borne illnesses cross-contamination, etc.)
- Knowledge of good customer service practices.
- Skills in food preparation.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to carry items back and forth between locations.
- Ability to verbally communicate in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to serve residents in a courteous manner.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of residents and co-workers.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions as written by management.
- Ability to meet all safety and sanitation guidelines as written by Immanuel.
- Ability to treat all types of people with compassion.
- Ability to be motivated.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multitask and be flexible when working through changes in responsibility.