Purpose of the Job:
The overall purpose of this job is to schedule and transport residents to appointments, outings, and activities. The responsibilities of this job include safely operating a motor vehicle, scheduling routes, maintaining vehicles, carrying luggage, and assisting residents boarding and exiting vehicles. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- One (1) year of chauffeuring or related experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education and experience may substitute for experience requirement.
- Valid Driver's license is required.
- CDL certificate may be required depending on location.
- CNA certificate may be required depending on location.
- Must be able to successfully pass a DOT Medical Exam and obtain a DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate.
- Hiring is contingent on successfully passing a DOT Medial Exam and obtaining DOT Medial Examiner's Certificate.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of driving laws, defensive driving, and safe operation of a large transportation vehicle designed to carry several passengers.
- Knowledge of Omaha streets and driving destinations.
- Skills in actively anticipating the needs of passengers.
Skills in safely operating a large motor vehicle equipped to transport several
- Ability to drive safely in all types of weather and traffic conditions.
- Ability to manage time wisely.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate with passengers.
- Ability to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a vehicle is working
- Ability to manage time and passengers' schedules.
- Ability to pass random drug and/or alcohol tests.
- Ability to be a safe and courteous driver, following all applicable laws.
- Ability to load and unload passengers in a safe and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with dispatch.