Coordinates the daily scheduling of Contracted Service appointments for participants in a timely and efficient manner. Interacts with office staff, participants and participant family members via phone, fax and email, assuring accurate and effective scheduling of appointments. Independently and accurately handles a wide range of scheduling duties in a fast paced environment. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
40% Administrative Support
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Post high-school Associate Degree or Certification preferred, desired in a healthcare related field.
- One (1) year of clinical scheduling or related experience is required.
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly population required, or completion of job specific training related to working with the elderly population must be completed within the first six months of hire.
- Two (2) years in an administrative job, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having participant contact.
- Skilled in utilizing software applications.
- Ability to apply and adapt skills and knowledge acquired through training and development opportunities.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills i.e. Health Care Level Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Automated External Defibrillator (AED); First Aide (FA).
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of phone systems and phone etiquette.
- Skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet, email, Microsoft Office).
- Ability to word-process accurately. Must have experience using computers with a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to handle stressful work situations and conflicts with professionalism.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Ability to work effectively, without direct supervision, following standard procedures.
- Skills in observing, receiving, and obtaining information from multiple sources.
- Skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Skills in providing excellent customer service.
- Skills in professional written and verbal communication.
- Ability to relay information between multiple departments and people.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information.
- Ability to prioritize a variety of tasks and responsibilities in high pressure situations.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and organize work.
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast paced, unpredictable environment.
- Ability to work with all types of people in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to adjust actions in relation to others actions.
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions.