The overall purpose of this position is to manage and maintain the mechanical operation of all systems on the campus. The responsibilities of this job include preventive maintenance and repair of equipment, coordinating apartment turnover, monitoring and creating budgets, oversight of housekeeping and overall look and quality control of support services, and project management on the campus. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Staff Training and Management
- Graduation from trade or vocational school with a specialization in one of the competencies in environmental services (plumbing, electrical or HVAC).
- Four (4) years of experience in building maintenance, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC equipment experience is required.
- Two (2) years of management experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Valid driver's license may be required.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of DDC controls and operating energy management systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of frequency drives.
- Knowledge of hot water and steam boiler systems.
- Skills in managing a diverse workforce and customer base.
- Skills in scheduling and modifying schedules as needed.
- Skills in maintaining adequate inventory.
- Ability to recommend work improvements and methods.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work safely.
- Ability to determine the tools and equipment to do a job.
- Ability to operate equipment and train others in their use.
- Ability to trouble shoot 480, 277, 220, 208, AC/DC current, and low voltage.
- Ability to manage DDC controls and operating energy management systems.