Immanuel Pathways is seeking a Full Time Days Participant Care Aide. This requires an active CNA License.
Responsible for providing and assisting participants of Immanuel Pathways program with personal cares, activities of daily living, restorative, recreational programing and supportive care in the center and/or participant's homes. Assists in monitoring and reporting participant's health status and providing a safe environment for the participants of Immanuel Pathways. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
85% Participant Care and Assistance
Assists and monitors participants with activities of daily living (ADL), including but not limited to:
Assists participants with Clinical needs including but not limited to:
Assists participants with Transportation needs, including but not limited to:
Performs directed household services, including but not limited to:
Assists with Recreational Activities, including but not limited to:
Assists with participant Dietary needs, including but not limited to:
Assists with participant Therapy needs, including but not limited to:
Functions as a IDT member (as assigned) and supports participant care plans:
Maintain a, safe, welcoming and clean environment for participants including by not limited to:
10% Compliance and Safety
Follows policies and procedures of Immanuel Pathways through:
Perform other duties as required or requested
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Active Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate required in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- At Nebraska PACE locations: Be at least 18 years of age according to Nebraska State Regulation.
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly population required, or completion of job specific training related to working with the elderly population must be completed within the first six months of hire.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills i.e. Health Care Level Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Automated External Defibrillator (AED); First Aide (FA).
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Experience in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, co-workers, and the public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers and Participant Care Supervisor.
- Ability to anticipate/recognize your internal and external customer needs and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand customer satisfaction targets looking at long-term benefits.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to solve problems quickly, adding value beyond customer expectations.
- Ability to complete customer service training and ensure satisfactory outcomes according to established guidelines.
- Ability to work effectively with culturally, economically, and educationally, diverse populations.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet, email, Microsoft).
- Ability to consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow employees.
- Ability to address conflict as it occurs seeing it as an opportunity to improve.
- Listening skills to understand, then to be understood.
- Assists the business unit in achieving results through strong written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Know how to demonstrate effective use of time, resources, and skills (e.i. Seeks out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked).
- Applies and adapts skill, knowledge acquired through training and development opportunities and also be able to assess one's own strength, accept feedback, and be open to change.