Immanuel Pathways Southwest Iowa is seeking a Primary Community LPN Full time Days.
The primary responsibility of this position includes performing nursing care in the home and clinic as directed by the Primary Care Provider (PCP) and Primary RN. This role serves as a member of the Primary Care Team to collaboratively meet the participant needs and maintains the participant's medical record with thorough documentation. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
- Be legally authorized (currently licensed or if applicable, certified or registered) to practice the job's functions and actions in the respective state in which he/she is employed
- Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice in the in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- Agree to abide by the philosophy, practices, and protocols of the PACE organization.
- Job specific competencies for the LPN will be met prior to assuming participant care.
- Must be proficient with using a computer, electronic medical records, and have above average typing skills with good English grammar.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
70% Participant Care
results to the participant and/or caregiver as directed by the PCP or Primary RN.
- Current Licensed Practical Nurses license, in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- One (1) year of nursing experience in a hospital, nursing home or community based setting; home health experience preferred.
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly population required, or completion of job specific training related to working with the elderly population must be completed within the first six months of hire.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills i.e. Health Care Level Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Automated External Defibrillator (AED); First Aide (FA).
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of Immanuel, its mission and promises, and how those are directly correlated to the job.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices in the nursing field.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, instruments and equipment and how to use and maintain them.
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs of the senior and/or frail elderly population and their families.
- Skilled in identifying problems or issues, thinking of alternatives for solution, and being part of the solution.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, co-workers, family members, and vendors.
- Ability to clearly communicate with physicians, their office personnel, pharmacies, and other service company representatives.
- Ability to calmly and respectfully deal with a disgruntled or irritated resident or family member.
- Ability to implement quality practices in personal behavior and job/department outcomes.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to value and respect the dynamics of different opinions, outlooks, and personalities.
- Ability to address conflict as it occurs, seeing it as an opportunity to improve.
- Ability to listen effectively seeking first to understand, then to be understood.
- Ability to organize and effectively use time, resources, and talents.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet, email, Microsoft Office.