The overall purpose of this job is to provide consultative support to management in the areas of human resources. The HR Business Partner aligns business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The successful HR Business Partner acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates human resources related needs. Communicating needs proactively with the HR department and leadership, the HR Business Partner will seek to develop integrated solutions. The position will formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HR Business Partner maintains an effective level of business literacy about the organization's objectives, the business units they support, strategies, culture and competition. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
HR Operational Support
- Bachelor's Degree required, with a concentration in Human Resources is preferred.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Four (4) years of employee relations or related experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification is preferred.
- Reliable transportation meeting all state vehicle requirements is required as this position will require travel between locations.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance and performance management.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Skilled in business acumen.
- Skilled in effective and appropriate verbal/written communication.
- Skilled in identifying problems or issues, thinking of alternatives for solution, and being part of the solution.
- Skilled in facilitating group interaction processes.
- Skills in consulting, conflict management, and strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Skills in relationship management.
- Skills in cultural awareness.
- Ability to develop strong, trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Flexibility and ability to interact with employees at all levels is critical.
- Ability to be sensitive to employee needs, business needs and corporate needs.
- Ability and willingness to provide assistance in a timely and professional manner.
- Must be self-directed and motivated.
- Ability to calmly and respectfully deal with disgruntled or irritated employees, managers and customers using emotional intelligence.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to establish, implement, and measure goals that are linked to the department or organization.
- Ability to understand how one's decisions impact an individual or the organization.