This position contributes to the Mission and Vision of Immanuel by serving as the clinical leader for delivery of nursing services with oversight of the day to day activities of clinical operations, resident care and team members working together in long term and skilled care. Provides management support to plan, organize and lead resources with assigned team members; as well as functioning as an individual contributor within the community. Participates in operationalizing Immanuel strategic initiatives and priorities. Serves as a role model for ethical management behavior and promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Operations & Services
Staff Management/ Training & Guidance
Compliance & Performance Standards
- Completion of a Registered Nurse program in an accredited institution required.
- Must hold current license as a Registered Nurse in Nebraska or Iowa, Nebraska and Iowa are Compact States so the license must be held in the state of residence.
- Basic Life Support certification is required upon hire.
- Bachelors degree in nursing is preferred with a specialization in gerontology.
- Gerontological Nurse Certification through the American Nurses Credentialing Center is preferred.
- Assisted Living Administrator registry in the respective state in which he/she is employed is required when work responsibilities include serving as the RN Consultant for not more than 8 hours/week; or willingness to obtain within the first year.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience as a Registered Nurse in a Skilled Nursing center and/or medical/surgical setting preferred.
- One (1) year of management experience in health care environment is preferred.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Must possess strong knowledge of nursing practice, applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and professional standards.
- Strong project management and change management skills.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of employees and to work independently in accomplishing assignments and goals.
- Skills in effective and appropriate written/verbal communication.
- Ability to think strategically and problem solve.
- Skills in change management.
- Ability to organize and effectively use time, resources, and talents.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate personal traits of high level of motivation.
- Possess skills necessary to work effectively in a team environment.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining professional effective working relationships.
- Self directed in evaluation progression toward professional goals and accepts ongoing responsibility for own role development.
- Ability to place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.