The overall purpose of this job is to oversee exercise and wellness activities in an Immanuel Community to ensure residents, employees and members have successful experiences that enhance their physical, spiritual and intellectual lives. The responsibilities of this job include developing, planning, scheduling, overseeing and leading wellness activities and programs. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science is required.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Two (2) years of wellness program coordination experience or related experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Experience with the senior population is preferred.
- Valid Drivers License may be required depending on location.
- Group and/or Health Fitness Instructor is preferred.
- CPR certification required or obtained within the first 30 days of hire.
- First Aid education required or completed within the first 30 days of hire.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology, health, and wellness principles.
- Knowledge of safe exercise prescription guidelines and policies.
- Knowledge of the benefits of specific wellness activities and programs (e.g., yoga classes, pool workouts, and stretching routines).
- Skills in presenting to individuals and groups.
- Skills in operating Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Skills in event planning and coordination.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to coordinate and balance multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and share appropriate information to ensure exercise safety.
- Ability to manage time wisely.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and respond appropriately.
- Ability to stay current with wellness trends and think of creative activities for wellness participants.