The overall purpose of this job is to provide timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing and serving the highest quality alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for our residents and guests. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- High School Diploma/GED is preferred.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Previous bartending or related experience serving alcohol is required.
- Previous experience in dining or food service environment is preferred.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Minimum 19 years of age according to state regulation.
- Must be trained to sell/serve alcohol through the Nebraska Responsible Beverage Service Training Program or ability to attend training upon hire and prior to handling alcohol at Immanuel properties.
- CPR/AED is preferred at hire or ability to be trained within 30 days of hire.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of beer, wine and liquor in common drink recipes.
- Ability to operate a Point of Sale (POS) system to perform all necessary transactions.
- Ability to serve residents/guests according to the perceived atmosphere and expectations.
- Ability to follow all alcohol serving procedures and regulations as written by management and State laws.
- Skills in organizing and accurately filling multiple orders.
- Skills in basic math.
- Ability to adhere to no tipping company policy.
- Skills in providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of residents and co-workers.
- Ability to treat all types of people with compassion.
- Ability to move tables and chairs.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to verbally communicate in a professional, effective, and pleasant manner.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge and understanding of food handlers' regulations and responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction.