The overall purpose of this job is to be responsible for overseeing specific areas of Deerfield Retirement Community ensuring appropriate staff members are hired and trained and operating their assigned areas within budget. The Associate Executive Director will conduct the business of the areas of which they are assigned and assist the Executive Director in the successful leadership of the assigned Immanuel community. This position has shared responsibility to ensure quality care and customer service are delivered as measured by levels of occupancy, resident satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and operating margin. This position has extensive interaction with residents, staff, visitors and some vendors and is expected to provide the highest levels of customer service, dignity, compassion and respect.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Health Sciences, or related field is required.
- Equivalent years of experience may be substituted for educational qualifications.
- Five (5) years of progressive job growth in managing a continuum-of-care, assisted living, or skilled care community for senior citizens is required.
- Demonstrated experience associated with regulatory and legal requirements required.
- Equivalent years of education may be substituted for experience qualifications.
- Must be a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator through the State of Iowa DHHS.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct resident contact.
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of applicable regulations related to all facets of the continuum of care including Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support, Long-Term Care and Skilled Nursing.
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs of the frail elderly or senior population and their families.
- Knowledge of business management and finance principles.
- Knowledge of staffing processes and procedures.
- Ability to lead teams in effective operations and quality care.
- Skilled in identifying problems or issues, thinking of alternatives for solution, and determining the solution/making the decision.
- Skilled in organization, planning and follow through.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents, staff members, co-workers, family members, and vendors.
- Skilled in effective and appropriate oral and written communication.
- Ability to use a continuous improvement approach in daily business practices.
- Ability to implement quality practices in personal behavior and job/department outcomes.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to listen effectively seeking first to understand, then to be understood.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in an emergency situation.
- Ability to organize and effectively use time, resources, and talents.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work as a self-directed, highly organized individual with the ability to meet required deadlines.