Purpose of the Job:
The overall purpose of this job is to maintain a safe and secure building for residents, visitors, and staff. The responsibilities of this job include securing premises, controlling entry to facilities, answering alarms, calling police or fire departments in cases of emergency, escorting persons to necessary locations, keeping records, warning persons of rule infractions, and performing light cleaning duties and maintenance as assigned. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- High school Diploma/GED is required.
- One (1) year of security guard experience is required.
- A valid driver's license may be required.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of emergency response procedures.
- Knowledge of public safety and security policies and procedures.
- Skills in monitoring physical surroundings and detecting when something is wrong.
- Skills in active listening.
- Skills in speaking clearly and effectively to convey information to others.
- Skills in critical thinking and thinking on your feet.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to make decisions with the information at-hand.
- Ability to manage time wisely.
- Ability to recognize safety hazards.
- Ability to utilize deductive reasoning by applying general rules to specific problems.