The overall purpose of this job is to keep the facility's utilities in working order. The responsibilities of this job include repairing and maintaining the facility's mechanical systems and equipment, including heating systems, cooling systems, appliances, plumbing, and emergency power.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Associate's degree is preferred.
- Two (2) years of maintenance technician experience is required.
- EPA certification is required.
- Certification in Trade HVAC/Electric/Plumbing is required.
- MA engineering is preferred.
- Valid driver's license may be required.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of energy management systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical principles, HVAC principles, electrical systems, and basic plumbing.
- Knowledge of Split systems units.
- Skills in electrical schematic reading.
- Skills in reading blueprints.
- Skills in reading computer and technical manuals.
- Skills in basic plumbing such as snaking drains, disposals, and sink pop-ups.
- Skills in repairing electrical problems, light fixtures, and ballast.
- Skills in solving mechanical problems.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all types of people.
- Ability to determine installation, service, or repair needed.
- Ability to work safely and follow EPA guidelines.
- Ability to diagnose maintenance problems and seek resolutions.
- Ability to prioritize projects.
- Ability to manage time and projects wisely.
- Ability to understand low voltage controls.
- Ability to be on-call.