The overall purpose of this job is to provide first line technical support to internal staff. The primary responsibilities of this job include working with both application software products and infrastructure components. Responsibilities will include initial assessment, triage, research and resolution of basic incidents and requests, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. The Help Desk Analyst will be responsible for collecting information through customer conversations, accessing support tools, and referencing additional support staff (service resources) if needed. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Bachelor's degree majoring in IT, MIS or related field is preferred.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications beneficial but not required.
- Must be willing to work on-call rotation.
- A minimum of two (2) years of help desk or PC support is required.
- Previous work with Citrix virtual desktops a plus
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7.
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 2016 within an enterprise environment (permissions, calendar sharing, and delegation).
- Basic User and Security Group Active Directory administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and telephone etiquette
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to maintain and protect confidential information
- Ability to quickly learn new IT tools and technologies
- Solid initiative and motivation; a "self-starter"