Provides assistance to the Clinic Healthcare team in the day-to-day operations of the Immanuel Pathways Center. Provides support to the healthcare team in administrative responsibilities, coordinates or leads special projects, and acts as a point of contact for participants and staff. Assists the Medical Director and Clinic Manager in providing an experience that is exceptionally positive for participants and their families. Processes medical records and leads and fulfills objectives of special projects. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
50% Administrative Support
30% Record keeping
- Post high-school Associate Degree or Certification required, preferably in a healthcare related field.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Two (2) years in administrative job, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Experience with the types of software used in the medical field.
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly population required, or completion of job specific training related to working with the elderly population must be completed within the first six months of hire.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having participant contact.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills i.e. Health Care Level Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Automated External Defibrillator (AED); First Aide (FA).
KSA Knowledge Skills Abilities -
- Knowledge of phone systems and phone etiquette.
- Skills in professionalism and communicating with a pleasant demeanor.
- Skills in professional written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Skills in operating office equipment.
- Ability to organize work effectively and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to multitask with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work with all types of people in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality.
- Ability to apply and adapt skills and knowledge acquired through training and development opportunities.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet, email, Microsoft Office).