The overall purpose of this job is to provide residents with a respectful, pleasant, and safe dining experience. The responsibilities of this job include hosting, preparing the dining room, serving residents, interacting with residents, facilitating communication between servers and cooks, and managing the flow of meal services.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Preparing and Managing Dining Room
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Associate's degree in Food Service or Business Management is preferred.
- Culinary Management degree from a trade or vocational school is preferred.
- One (1) year of dining services hospitality experience is required.
- Food Service Management certification is preferred.
- Serve Safe certification is preferred.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of the dining room layout and equipment.
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of how to serve the needs of community residents.
- Skills in operating Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office.
- Skills in relating to residents with compassion.
- Ability to comply with food safety regulations.
- Ability to teach and continuously oversee the safe preparation and handling of food.
- Ability to make quick decisions that will have positive effects.
- Ability to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use good judgment.
- Ability to listen and pay attention.
- Ability to demonstrate a good attitude.
- Ability to care for residents in cases of emergency (e.g., tornado, fire, choking, heart attack).
- Ability to effectively manage time.