The overall purpose of this job is to create and manage all special projects and fund development activities surrounding the Immanuel Community and Immanuel Vision Foundations. The primary responsibilities of this job include creation and execution of outreach events; collaboration with Immanuel staff to enhance the donor experience at Foundation events; increase staff awareness and donor involvement; partner with Executive Director to increase donor database and oversee donor recognition; and, create a positive environment internally and externally for Immanuel. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is required.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education qualifications.
- A minimum of five (5) years of special projects/events coordination or related experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Proven success in internal and external fundraising is preferred.
- Passionate about nonprofit philosophies and fundraising.
- Proven ability to communicate exceptionally verbally and written.
- Reliable transportation meeting all state vehicle requirements (licensed driver, insurance, etc.) is required, as this position will require travel between locations and other venues.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Ability and willingness to learn everything possible about Immanuel. To learn and understand how Immanuel's Promises and culture reflect its mission and values and how those are directly correlated to this job.
- Understands the true meaning of Compassion, Honor, Relationships, Integrity, Service and Teamwork and seeks to emulate these in your work.
- Ability to create and support an all-inclusive environment.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, standards and techniques of role.
- Conscientious about first impressions in dress, speech, behavior that reflect Immanuel's standards.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents/participants, co-workers, family members and vendors.
- Ability to consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow employees.
- Skilled in effective and appropriate written, verbal and visual communication.
- Uses tact and diplomacy in interactions at all levels.
- Exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to recognize ways to improve interactions, processes, systems, materials, equipment and services.
- Ability to use a continuous improvement approach in daily business practices.
- Anticipates the needs of others, keeping supervisor informed of important activity.
- Demonstrates functional expertise in area of responsibility.
- Ability to maintain focus and positive attitude amidst change or when under pressure.
- Demonstrates effective use of time, resources and skills. Shows respect for other's time.
- Ability to understand how one's decisions impact the organization. Make timely decisions using sound logic and good judgment.
- Makes decisions within ethical, moral, legal and accountable framework that contribute to the attainment of individual, team, department and company goals.
- Applies and adapts skill, knowledge acquired through training and development opportunities.
- Able to assess one's own strength and able to accept feedback being open to change.
- Welcomes feedback as a way of giving and receiving opportunity for improvement.
- Demonstrates as much enthusiasm for other's success as for their own.
- Recognizes and acts upon opportunities to express gratitude and appreciation of other's efforts however successful.
- Ability to translate individual achievement into team achievement.
- Ability to demonstrate personal initiative and independent motivation. Is action and results-oriented.