This position assists frail seniors to enjoy their highest level of independence while receiving the necessary care and service to meet their changing needs. Care Partners assist with restorative care and administration of medications. This position partners with other teams to assure individualized dining, environmental, social and healthcare experiences. Care Partners are required to be Certified Nurse Assistant/Aides and Certified Medication Aide in addition to their responsibilities. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Administrative & Compliance
- Certified Nurse Aide/Assistant (CNA) certification
- Certified Medication Aide (MA) includes completion of 40 hour minimum state approved course.
- Active member in good standing on the applicable state registry for CNA and MA.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Certified Nurse Aide.
- Certification in Basic Life Support and First Aid is preferred or willingness to obtain certification within 60 days of hire date required.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs of the senior and/or frail elderly population and their families.
- Knowledge of Immanuel, its mission and Promises, and how those are directly correlated to the incumbent's job.
- Skilled in effective and appropriate written communication.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents/participants, co-workers, family members, and vendors.
- Ability to prepare and administer medication and treatments accurately and timely.
- Ability to appropriately use equipment, facilities, and materials to do certain work.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate personal traits of high level of motivation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally; make eye contact, pleasantly greet people, and use tact and diplomacy in interactions at all levels.
- Ability to place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.