The role of the Medication Aide is to provide Christ-centered service in resident care and support. Responsibilities in addition to resident care include charting, reporting, and monitoring resident's condition. The Medication Aide maintains a safe and clean environment and documents any incidents involving a resident. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 18 years of age according to state regulation and current Medication Aide 40- Hour on the Medication Aide Registry is required.
- Certified Nurse's Aide is preferred
- One (1) year of general work experience is required.
- Work-related experience is desired.
- Certified as a First Responder in CPR/AED and First Aid by national standards or willingness to obtain within 60 days of hire.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices in a care giving function.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, instruments and equipment and how to use and maintain them.
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs of the senior and/or frail elderly population and their families.
- Skilled in use of computer and certain necessary programs.
- Ability to develop relationships with residents, co-workers, and management.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to work shifts as posted and/or required.