Provides administrative support for the In-Home Services Department. Responsible for coordination and scheduling of in-home services for all participants in a timely and efficient manner. Prepares schedules according to participant needs, care requests, and those contained in the plans of care. Works closely with the transportation team, participants, caregivers, and center staff to assure accurate and effective scheduling of services according to participant needs. Independently and accurately handles a wide range of scheduling duties in a fast paced environment. Coordinates In- Home Nursing supply orders to maintain appropriate levels of inventory. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
55% Scheduling Services
15% Inventory Management
15% Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) Service Coordination
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Post high-school Associate Degree or Certification preferred, desired in a healthcare related field.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education.
- One (1) year of scheduling and/or dispatching experience and/or one (1) year of Certified Nurses Aide (C.N.A.) experience, or a combination to equal one (1) year is required.
- Two (2) years in an administrative role, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly population required, or completion of job specific training related to working with the elderly population must be completed within the first six months of hire.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills i.e. Health Care Level Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Automated External Defibrillator (AED); First Aide (FA).
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of dispatch or scheduling systems.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, co-workers, medical staff, and the public.
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet, email, Microsoft Office).
- Ability to work effectively, without direct supervision, following standard procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and schedules.
- Ability to make decisions and prioritize to meet the needs of the participants.
- Ability to give clear and concise directions to in-home service staff.
- Organizational skills.
- Skills in providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to remain flexible as daily priorities change.
- Ability to work with all types of people in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality.