Immanuel Fontenelle is seeking LPNs and/or RN's who are searching for a position that offers the flexibility to customize your schedule to meet the needs of your life.
We offer market-driven compensation and a full-bodied benefits program; to include the Immanuel Continuing Education Assistance Program up to a maximum of $5,250.00 per calendar year for continuing education and developmental program after 6 months of employment with Immanuel.
The overall purpose of this position is to assure the residents are cared for mentally, spiritually and in health. The primary responsibilities of this position include ensuring the residents are safe and free from pain or abuse and treated with dignity and respect. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Resident Care and Administrative Duties
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) OR Registered Nurse (RN) license in the respective state in which he/she is employed is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of progressive experience in and assisted living or skilled care community or related experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Certification in Basic Life Support and First Aid is preferred or willingness to get certified within 60 days of hire date.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual and social needs of the senior and/or frail elderly population and their families.
- Knowledge of Immanuel, its Mission and Christ Promises and how they directly correlate to this position.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles and practices in the nursing field.
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and professional standards.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, instruments and equipment and how to use and maintain them.
- Skilled in effective written/verbal communication.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents/participants, co-workers, family members and vendors.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of employees and to work independently in accomplishing assignments and goals.
- Ability to think strategically and problem solve.
- Ability to organize and effectively use time, resources, and talents.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate personal traits of high level of motivation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining professional effective working relationships.
- Self directed in evaluation progression toward professional goals and accepts ongoing responsibility for own role development.
- Ability to place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.