The overall purpose of this position is to plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate the ordering, storage and distribution of supplies and equipment required for daily operations of the Immanuel Pathways Centers. The primary responsibilities of this position are purchasing, inventory control, recordkeeping, and overseeing the storage and distribution of supplies and medical equipment for all departments at Immanuel Pathways. This position will perform a combination of administrative, clerical and manual supply and equipment management functions. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Supply & Equipment Management
Procurements & Requisitions
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business related discipline is preferred.
- Equivalent years of education and experience may substitute for education requirement.
- A minimum of two (2) years of materials management or purchasing is required, preferably in a health care environment.
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly population required, or completion of job specific training related to working with the elderly population must be completed within the first six months of hire.
- Equivalent years of education and experience may substitute for experience requirement.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation is required.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of medical equipment and supplies how to use and maintain them.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of supply chain management.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, standards and techniques of Supply Management.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skilled and proficient in math.
- Skilled in the use of computers including programs specific to the job.
- Skilled in the use of office machinery-copiers, fax machines, scanners, calculators.
- Skilled in identifying problems or issues, thinking of alternatives for solution, and being part of the solution.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents/participants, co-workers, family members, and vendors.
- Ability and willingness to provide customer service assistance in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to use a continuous improvement approach in daily business practices.
- Ability to implement quality practices in personal behavior and job/department outcomes.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to recognize ways to improve interactions, processes, systems, materials, equipment, and services.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow employees.
- Ability to be pro-active by seeking out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Using tact and diplomacy in interactions at all levels.
- Ability to organize and effectively use time, resources, and talents.
- Ability to plan effectively using proactive approach, keeping appointments and following through on commitments.
- Ability to make decisions in a logical and timely manner.
- Ability to compile, interpret and utilize data.