Serves as a member of the Primary Care Team to collaboratively meet participant needs. Performs ancillary healthcare services for participants following established standards and procedures and as directed by medical staff. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
80% Participant Care
- Current Licensed Practical Nurses License, in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- One (1) year of nursing experience in a hospital, nursing home or community based setting; home health experience is required.
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly population required, or completion of job specific training related to working with the elderly population must be completed within the first six months of hire.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have means of reliable transportation.
KSA - Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge base of health care problems of the frail elderly.
- Knowledge of home care services nursing principles and practices, with particular reference to the elderly.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, instruments and equipment and how to use them.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe working
- Skilled in written and oral communication.
- Skilled in decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, medical staff, staff members and family caregivers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. .
- Ability to foster collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan, prioritize and follow-up on delegated responsibilities.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet, email, Microsoft Office).