The Housekeeper is primary responsible for the quality and timeliness of cleaning and housekeeping services for the buildings including work areas, resident rooms, and common areas while maintaining the highest standards of excellence and attention to detail. The responsibilities of this job can include cleaning floors, fixtures, windows, equipment and structures; stocking inventory; collecting trash. Certain duties can be specific to the Community in which the Housekeeper works. This position has constant contact with the residents, visitors and staff and requires the highest level of customer services and professionalism according to the standards of Immanuel. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Housekeeping and Laundry
- High School Diploma/GED is preferred.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- One (1) year of housekeeping experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Valid driver's license may be required.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of basic cleaning procedures and products used to most efficiently clean specific areas.
- Knowledge of how to use cleaning equipment.
- Ability to operate basic cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and brooms.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Skills in identifying and removing stains.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to be physically active throughout entire shift.
- Ability to use time and resources effectively.
- Skills in using floor cleaning equipment.
- Ability to exhibit high standards of ethics, accountability, and responsibility.
- Ability to seek out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked.
- Ability to listen effectively seeking first to understand, then to be understood.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in interactions at all levels.
- Skills in anticipating the need for others to have information keeping supervisors and co-workers informed as to important activity.