The role of the LPN is a support position within Immanuel. The LPN will provide support to the Assisted Living Manager and Assisted Living Supervisor to ensure the best possible service and care for its Assisted Living residents. The primary responsibilities of this job includes carrying out the direction of the AL Manager or AL Supervisor, ensuring physician's orders and pharmacy orders are clear and accurate, and providing resident needs as indicated. Monitors health care tracking systems and audits performed in the department. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.) license in the respective state in which he/she is employed is mandatory.
- Relevant experience as an aide (C.N.A. or Q.M.A.) or L.P.N. is required.
- One (1) year of experience in an assisted living or skilled care community is preferred.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Certification in Basic Life Support and First Aid is preferred or willingness to get certified within 60 days of hire date.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of Immanuel, its mission and Promises, and how those are directly correlated to the incumbent's job.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices in the nursing field.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, instruments and equipment and how to use and maintain them.
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs of the senior and/or frail elderly population and their families
- Skilled in identifying problems or issues, thinking of alternatives for solution, and being part of the solution.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents/participants, co-workers, family members, and vendors.
- Ability to clearly communicate with physicians, their office personnel, pharmacies, and other service company representatives.
- Ability to calmly and respectfully deal with a disgruntled or irritated resident or family member.
- Ability to implement quality practices in personal behavior and job/department outcomes.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to value and respect the dynamics of different opinions, outlooks, and personalities.
- Ability to address conflict as it occurs seeing it as an opportunity to improve.
- Ability to listen effectively seeking first to understand, then to be understood.
- Ability to organize and effectively use time, resources, and talents.