The overall purpose of this job is to support the Chef by overseeing daily back of house (BOH) operations for all dining venues within the community. The primary responsibilities of this job include coaching staff, overseeing food preparation and cooking, maintaining inventory and ensuring compliance with safety and cleanliness standards. The BOH Manager collaborates with the Chef to provide an exceptional dining experience for residents and guests. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Safety & Compliance
- High School Diploma/GED is preferred.
- Degree in Culinary Arts from a trade or vocational school is preferred.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Two (2) years of culinary experience is required.
- One (1) year of management experience is preferred.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Food Handler certificate is preferred.
- Serve Safe certification is preferred.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of food standards and sanitation practices (e.g., food-borne illnesses cross-contamination, etc.)
- Knowledge of good customer service practices.
- Skills in food preparation.
- Ability to follow recipes.
- Skills in cooking food to appropriate temperature, consistency, and texture.
- Skills in verbally communicating with others in a compassionate and professional manner, including residents and their families.
- Skills in hiring, training, and managing kitchen services employees.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to meet all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Ability to treat all types of people with compassion.
- Ability to be motivated.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multitask and be flexible when working through changes in responsibility.
- Knowledge of the kitchen's inventory and ordering process.
- Knowledge of budget processes and principles.
- Skills in operating a computer.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to relate to participants and staff.