The overall purpose of this job is to perform transportation and paratransit scheduling, routing, and dispatching duties; operates a variety of communication equipment, including telephone, computer, mobile dispatch terminal and scheduling systems with Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL). Responsible for creating, maintaining and monitoring computerized driver manifests/schedules; and responds to requests for service and provides a variety of information to Immanuel staff, participants and residents. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Scheduling & Dispatching
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- One (1) year of general office or related experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) current certification.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to quickly learn specific software and new applications.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) or similar transportation computer software.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize work.
- Ability to problem solve by identifying and resolving them in a timely manner.
- Skilled in effective and appropriate verbal/written communication.
- Ability to remain flexible as daily priorities change.
- Ability to organize work and manage time effectively.
- Ability to think and act creatively when needed.
- Ability to work with all types of people in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.