Purpose of the Job: Oversees the day-to-day operations of the In-Home Services program for Immanuel Pathways. Assists leadership in policy formation and program development and implementation. Participates in the establishment of annual budgets. Provides supervisory visits to home care staff in the field to evaluate skill and performance. Performs initial assessment, annual reassessment and change of condition assessments of participants in the participant’s home environment. Coordinates plan of care with appropriate community resources and Interdisciplinary Team (IDT). When appropriate, provides treatments and health education for participants in their home. Acts as the liaison between the contracted home health agency and Immanuel Pathways. Maintains the participant’s medical record with thorough documentation. Communicates participant’s changes and progress to IDT and contracted home health agency. Supports and lives out Immanuel’s Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Requirements of Job:
• Be legally authorized (currently licensed or if applicable, certified or registered) to practice the job’s functions and actions in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
• Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
• Agree to abide by the philosophy, practices, and protocols of the PACE organization.
• Job specific competencies for the Director of In-Home Services will be met prior to assuming participant care.
45% In-Home Participant Care
• Performs initial assessments of participants’ in their home environment to determine their individual needs and coordinates plan of care with care-giving resources. Coordinates with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) to develop plan of care for each participant.
• Functions as a member of the IDT. Maintains regular attendance at, and participates in meetings, communicates participant changes, collaborates on plan of care decisions and coordination of 24-hour care delivery.
• Performs annual re-assessments of all Immanuel Pathways participants to determine that appropriate in-home services are provided and that participants are in the least restrictive environment.
• Controls and prioritizes utilization of homecare staffing needs to reflect actual enrollee homecare needs.
• Serves as a liaison between Immanuel Pathways and contracted Home Health Agency.
• Provides skilled supportive and restorative nursing care to participants as ordered, re-evaluating their plan of care and health status on an on-going basis.
• Provides health counseling to participants and their families on an individual or group basis as needed.
• Monitors medication compliance, administers medications and provides training in self-administration of all non-scheduled meds as needed.
• Maintains participants’ medical record and fulfills agency charting and reporting requirements.
• Acts as Administrator of the Home Health License in the state of NE and must report and holds direct responsibility to the governing authority for all matters related to the maintenance, operation, and management of the license. The SVP & Chief Operations Officer and the Director of Pathways Operations act as the Governing Authority.
25% Staff Management
• Performs orientation, initial and annual competencies, supervises and evaluates performance of In-Home Service R.N, and Home Health Aides.
• Performs competency on appropriate day center staff as needed.
• Performs quarterly supervisory visits to Home Health Aides.
• Ensures all contracted Home Health Agency staff complete initial and annual competency testing.
• Responsible to hire, perform orientation, complete initial and annual competencies, supervise and evaluate performance of In-Home RN’s, Home Health Aides and Personal Care Assistants.
• Follows all Immanuel Pathways policies and procedures and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety guidelines.
• Acts within the scope of his or her authority to practice.
• Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants, clients or families.
• Maintains safe working environment. Follows Immanuel Pathways Safety policies and procedures.
• Implements Exposure Control Plan
• Complies with Emergency Preparedness Plan
• Uses proper lifting and push/pull techniques, use gate belt assistance on participant transfers
• Performs other duties as required or requested.
• Participates in continuing education classes and any required staff and training meetings.
• Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications.
• Current Registered Nurses License, from the respective state in which he/she is employed, is required.
• Bachelor of Science Nursing (BSN) preferred; Graduate of a school of professional nursing.
• Two (2) years of nursing experience in a hospital, nursing home or community based setting.
• One (1) year of experience in working with the frail or elderly population required.
• One (1) year of management experience, preferably in a geriatric care setting required.
• Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
• Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
• Knowledge base of health care problems of the frail elderly.
• Knowledge of home care services nursing principles and practices, with particular reference to the elderly Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe working environment
• Skilled in identifying problems and recommending solutions
• Skilled in preparing and maintaining records and writing reports, and responding to correspondence
• Skilled in developing and maintaining department quality assurance
• Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, medical staff, staff members and family caregivers
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations .
• Ability to foster collaborative working relationships.
|Date Posted||November 26, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 26, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, Varies|
|Hours||40 hours per week; Evenings|
|SOC Category||29-1141.00 Registered Nurses|
This job offers the following benefits
This job is related other jobs in these career categories