Social Worker, LMSW - Full Time Days - Immanuel Pathways Southwest Iowa **May Be Eligible for a $5,000 Sign-on bonus**
Immanuel Council Bluffs, IA
Purpose of the Job:
The overall purpose of this job is to advocate for residents and to assist in meeting mental, social, rehabilitation, financial and discharge planning needs of residents and families. The primary responsibilities of this job include organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing social service programs in accordance with current existing federal, state, and local standards to ensure medically related emotional and social needs of the residents are met. This position is also responsible for marketing of services to residents and families seeking care. Supports and lives out Immanuel’s Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Assess needs of residents and maintain care plans.
- Document assessments and discharge planning.
- Coordinate and assist admissions to community.
- Responds and intervenes in the resolution of crisis or conflict situations.
- Counsels patients/families surrounding the issues of illness, loss, grief, bereavement, and anger.
- Daily documentation in the medical record, consistent with and limited to the scope of the job duties and any applicable licensure.
- Ensures 100% of resident population is screened for psychosocial needs within 72 hours of admission and develops plan for physician and health care team.
- Assist residents and families with applying for government assistance programs.
- Assist with legal documents such as POA and Advance Directive.
- Attend weekly care conferences with residents and families.
- Assist residents and families with insurance and billing issues.
- Market community services.
- Maintains a system of records, documentation and MDS completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Masters Degree from and accredited school of social work OR Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school in a healthcare or social services field.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- One (1) year of experience in an assisted living or skilled care community or related experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
Other Requirements –
- Social Services Designee Certificate.
- Certified Nursing Assistant preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of state and federally run programs.
- Knowledge of Minimum Data Set (MDS) questionnaire and interview process.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to long term care facility administration.
- Knowledge of medications, mood and behavior issues.
- Knowledge of SSI and disability programs.
- Knowledge of Immanuel, its mission and Promises, and how those are directly correlated to the incumbent’s job.
- Skills in the use of computers including programs specific to the job.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents/participants, co-workers, family members, and vendors.
- Skilled in effective and appropriate written communication.
- Ability and willingness to provide assistance in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to calmly and respectfully deal with a disgruntled or irritated customer.
- Ability to be pro-active by seeking out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally; make eye contact, pleasantly greet people, and use tact and diplomacy in interactions at all levels.
- Ability to listen effectively seeking first to understand, then to be understood.
| Date Posted
July 2, 2018
| Date Closes
March 21, 2019
| Located In
Council Bluffs, IA
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week; Days
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
21-1022.00 Medical and Public Health Social Workers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group Legal
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Bereavement Pay
- Continuing Education Program
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Employee Referral Program
- Fitness Classes
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories