Clinic LPN - Full Time Days - Immanuel Pathways Southwest Iowa**May Be Eligible for a $6,000.00 Sign-On Bonus**
Immanuel Council Bluffs, IA
Purpose of the Job:
The primary responsibilities of this position include performing nursing care in the clinic or triage as directed by the Clinic Nurse Supervisor (CNS) or by the Primary Care Provider (PCP), correspond with participant and or family members regarding test results, answering questions via phone and providing health education. The Clinic LPN will assist in treatment, examination and testing of participants and collaborating with medical records staff to ensure necessary records are received. Supports and lives out Immanuel’s mission and CHRIST promises.
Requirements of Job:
- Be legally authorized (currently licensed or if applicable, certified or registered) topractice the job’s functions and actions in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice in the in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- Agree to abide by the philosophy, practices, and protocols of the PACE organization.
- Job specific LPN competencies will be met prior to assuming participant care.
- Incumbent may be assigned at more than one PACE Pathways site to perform job duties.
KEY FUNCTIONS OF JOB
Key (Essential) Functions of this Job
- Answers and triages participant or family medical related phone calls and collaborate with the healthcare team when needed for resolution
- Participates with the coordination of care with care communities and IDT based on participant’s plan of care
- Performs/directs participant care services including but not limited to rooming patients to include vital signs, accurate documentation and timely patient flow.
- Performs phlebotomy, lab procedures and communications noncritical results to the participant and/or caregiver as directed by the PCP.
- Prepares exam rooms for daily participant care to include stocking of supplies and instruments and ensures exam rooms are cleaned between patient encounters. Disinfects instruments after use.
- Collaborates with Supply Inventory Specialist to ensure necessary supplies are available for participant care.
- May assist with exams, treatments, procedures and testing as directed; ensuring the appropriate consent forms are obtained prior to treatment.
- May prepare and/or administer medications as ordered by the PCP in accordance with organizational policy and procedure.
- Monitors participant’s response to medical treatment plan and nursing interventions, and informs Clinic RN and/or PCP of the participant’s response to care.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals and caregivers regarding provision of participant’s health care.
- Reviews participant’s electronic medical record in order to assist Clinic RN/PCP in providing care according to care plan.
- Documents in the electronic medical record, as needed, according to Immanuel Pathways documentation standards.
- Performs general skilled nursing care to participants under the direction of the Clinic RN in accordance with LPN nursing standards.
- Provides participant and family education pertaining to healthcare management, disease process, treatment, test(s), medication and follow up under the direction of the CNS, PCP, or the Clinic RN.
- Manage and administer participant immunizations and document in the electronic medical record according to PCP order.
- Follows all Immanuel Pathways policies and procedures and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety guidelines.
- Acts within the scope of his or her authority to practice.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants or families.
- Maintains safe working environment. Follows Immanuel Pathways Safety policies and procedures.
- Follows Exposure Control Plan.
- Complies with Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Uses proper lifting and push/pull techniques, uses gait belt assistance on participant transfers as needed.
- Receives, prioritizes, documents and responds to incoming calls as appropriate.
- Assists in covering Medical Receptionist duties in the event the Medical Receptionist is out.
- Completes required Clinic Environmental checklists.
- Responsible for additional projects and/or special assignments, serves on committee/task force as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required staff and training meetings.
- Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications/licensure.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF JOB
- Current Licensed Practical Nurses License, in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- One (1) year of nursing experience in a hospital, nursing home or community based setting; home health experience is required.
- One (1) year of experience in working with the frail or elderly population required.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and have means of reliable transportation.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge base of health care problems of the frail elderly.
- Knowledge of home care services nursing principles and practices, with particular reference to the elderly.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, instruments and equipment and how to use them.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe working
- Skilled in written and oral communication.
- Skilled in decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, medical staff, staff members and family caregivers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. .
- Ability to foster collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan, prioritize and follow-up on delegated responsibilities.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet, email, Microsoft Office).
| Date Posted
June 1, 2018
| Date Closes
September 26, 2018
1702 North 16th Street
| Located In
Council Bluffs, IA
| Job Type
40 hours per week
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
29-2061.00 Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group Legal
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Bereavement Pay
- Continuing Education Program
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Employee Referral Program
- Fitness Classes
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories