Writing Center Tutor-Scottsbluff
Western Nebraska Community College is currently seeking applicants for the position of Part-time Writing Center Tutor for the Scottsbluff campus.
- Provide students with academic instruction, assistance in English usage, as well as writing techniques and strategies
- Provide “at risk” students support on a variety of tasks relative to the area of assignment.
- When working with students, tutors must be able to point out errors, explain why corrections are necessary, and help students make those corrections.
- Assist students with the development and writing of the following types of assignments:
- Research Papers
- Reinforce instructors’ lessons as they relate to college writing on the following topics:
- Sentence Structure
- Grammar Rules
- Punctuation and Capitalization Rules
- Academic Writing Styles
- Citation of Sources
- Integration of Quotes
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field and previous teaching or tutoring experience is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience in higher education or English is preferred.
Start Date: Immediate
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Procedure: Email completed employment application (available at www.wncc.edu) to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to Human Resources Office, Western Nebraska Community College, 1601 East 27th Street, Scottsbluff, NE 69361-1815; or fax to 308.635.6161
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Western Nebraska Community College