Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, the Research Marketing Manager is responsible for leading marketing and communication efforts for Boys Town National Research. This position is responsible for developing strategic marketing campaigns and communications to increase local and national visibility and promote research programs and initiatives to multiple audiences. This position will create, manage and track campaign plans and tactics including the production of collateral, editorial, social media, video content, public relations, media releases, and other multimedia content. By working closely with research scientists, the Manager of Research Marketing must demonstrate an understanding of the research and translate complex scientific concepts into relevant messages for a wide range of audiences, including funders and research communities, consistent with the mission of Boys Town.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Works directly with Research scientists to develop materials to support recruitment of subjects for research studies.
- Manages marketing projects for researchers by coordinating across appropriate branches of the Marketing department to advance marketing campaigns and create and disseminate materials for scientific and non-scientific communities.
- Serves as a liaison between the Marketing and Research departments to project manage the creation of communications to support key organizational initiatives and research findings to scientific and non-scientific communities.
- Leverages social media outlets of all kinds to advertise subject recruitment opportunities to targeted audiences.
- Leverages a wide range of media channels to disseminate information including copy for media articles, websites, trade publications, podcasts, newsletters, educational materials, and others.
- Supports the Marketing department by contributing to development of marketing materials for Research when needed.
- Supports marketing/development and research departments in the planning and implementation of research events to promote awareness and highlight the expertise of Boys Town
- Assists Marketing and Research Departments to identify appropriate media channels to increase awareness and reach for research programs.
- Contributes to the national research effort by preparing brief, accessible summaries of research articles and infographics.
- Designs and implements processes to ensure efficient response to requests for research marketing support.
- Monitors the Boys Town brand as it relates to research, including but not limited to marketing/communication products, lab collateral, community partnerships and sponsorships and staff initiatives.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and tools.
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of the relevant research and clinical literature, knowledge of relevant research procedures to develop effective communication pieces on these topics.
- Collaborate with multiple internal departments.
- Manage multiple projects and objectives simultaneously.
- Work well with other professional personnel and with support staff.
- Provide guidance on effective communication for scientists, clinicians, and other personnel.
- Bachelors degree in communications, marketing, science/communication disorders field or related field required.
- Proven success in executing and managing marketing campaigns required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in communications, copywriting, creative writing or grant writing preferred.
- Understanding of translational research and/or understanding of neuroscience, audiology, and/or speech-language pathology preferred.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.