Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
The Inpatient Psychiatric Unit Social Worker/Therapist will be responsible for assisting in assessing patients and coordinating care and discharge planning within the Boys Town National Research Hospital (BTNRH) Inpatient Psychiatric Unit.
Schedule: Part Time and ON call position available!
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Performs an initial bio psycho-social assessment to include factual and historical information, social evaluation (baseline social functioning including strengths and weaknesses), conclusions and recommendations. Creates social worker/therapist notes that document the progress or lack of progress toward treatment goals.
- Participates in the multi-disciplinary team to create individualized treatment plans or plans of care that addresses counseling, support services, treatment methods and referrals.
- Coordinates activities/follow-up to meet identified needs of mental health patients and their families.
- Provides support for the discharge planning process by making appointments for follow-up care, work on safety planning for discharges, and talk to families about follow-up.
- Serves as a resource for BTNRH physicians, nurses, and staff.
- Maintains patient records, prepares complete, accurate, and timely reports, and monitors progress toward treatment goals.
- Complies with all applicable standards, statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact patient care.
- Reviews the appropriateness of patient status utilizing approved criteria guidelines. Guides admitting physician in protocols for conducting peer to peer review with third-party payers. Provides relevant clinical information to insurance companies as required to obtain certification numbers and approved days. Assists with the coordination of the appeal process for denied services.
- Participates in quality improvement activities through staff meetings, committees, continuing educational and professional activities.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer programs and applications to manage work; familiarity with Windows and Office programs.
- Ability to communicate concisely, orally and in writing, with patients, families and staff and to collaborate with members of the health care, leadership team and community agencies to enhance care of the patient.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to work with diverse patient groups and their families.
- Provides patient care and education according to the patient population served.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Master's degree from an accredited school in social work/counseling.
- Must possess a Nebraska Social Work license or certified or eligible for certification by the State of Nebraska Department of Health as a licensed Mental Health Practitioner.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with the social services needs of the child and adolescent mentally ill population, preferred.
- Certified or eligible for certification by the State Department of Health as a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor, preferred.
- Must receive training in nationally recognized personal restraint model and CPR certification.
- Must be 20 years of age or older.
Date Posted: October 19, 2022
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.