$1,000 Hiring Bonus
Schedule:Full-Time, Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Location: Center for Human Performance Optimization located at the Main Campus (near 144th and Pacific/Dodge)
Job Summary: Come grow with our team in the brand new Center for Human Performance Optimization, the first Physical Therapy clinic at Boys Town! The Center for Human Performance Optimization aims to use a unified model of physical therapy research and practice to improve the lives of children and adults. In a career as an Administrative Assistant and Patient Access Specialist, you will be responsible for being the first point of contact of our patients and research participants. This is a dynamic employment opportunity at the intersection of innovative research and clinical care. Daily client flow will be a mix of research participants and clinical outpatients. Duties include greeting and check-in, managing scheduling and registration, completing insurance authorizations and providing administrative assistance to departmental faculty and staff. As a vital team member, this position holds opportunity for a great deal of career growth and upward mobility, with the potential of a clinic manager role.
- Provides excellent customer service to any individuals coming to the clinic as a volunteer for research or for clinical care. Responsible for checking in, registration, pre-authorization paperwork and other needs as identified.
- Maintains excellent communication and positive rapport with all points of contact.
- Responsible for obtaining and communicating accurate benefit information and eligibility, pre-determination/pre-authorization as well as detailed benefit and patient liabilities per insurance company requirements and established time frames, to ensure credible coverage and benefits are in place.
- Follows established protocols and procedures for verification and collection of pertinent demographics.
- Assists with coordinating and scheduling of patient appointments
- Monitors waiting areas to ensure a clean, safe and comfortable environment for all clinic visitors.
- Processes: scheduling, pre-registration, referral requests, financial counseling queries, admission/discharge notifications as well as vetting special requests and questions as needed.
- Responsible for opening and closing of clinic/admission locations ensuring security systems are utilized as directed.
- Responsible for preparing daily bank deposits at appropriate intervals, carefully following payment and cash controls as directed.
- Communicates in a positive and professional manner with the patient / participant on any scheduling, registration, authorization or financial matters. This may include assisting with Financial Assistance applications or referrals, obtaining legal guardianship documentation and consent, accepting required co-payments and setting up acceptable payment plan agreements.
- Support an overall positive experience for all visitors of the Center for Human Performance Optimization.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, required
- A minimum of three years of experience working in a clinic and/or hospital setting, preferably focused on registration, preferred
- Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology
- Must be detail oriented
- Knowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOB), preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent telephone etiquette
Light work exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions, protection (such as in typical office or administrative work).
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: 11/16/22
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.