Boys Town is seeking an individual for the role of Manager Warehouse & Campus Mail. This role will oversee a team of individuals who have varied roles in the warehouse and mail operations. We are looking for someone with a proven track record in managing and leading teams along with the ability to communicate with internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Manages area operations and personnel.
- Manages the warehouse, distribution center, mail room, and rental properties operations and staff ensuring that these areas provide continual and effective support.
- Formulates and implements procedures to attain short-range and long-range goals and objectives for the areas; develops, maintains, and evaluates business systems and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Develops revenues and expense budgets and formulates financial reports for the departments; monitors and periodically reviews progress toward established budget goals and objectives.
- Monitors and tracks inventory; reviews expenditures and maintains operational costs.
- Ensures the accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution, and retention of all necessary departmental reports and records.
- Coordinates the shipment, storage, disposal, and sale of surplus property; coordinates the delivery and set-up of furniture and equipment and monitors equipment cleanliness.
- Supervises the receipt, storage, and delivery of materials, equipment merchandise and supplies.
- Determines optimum, efficient, and cost-effective methods and times for the pick-up and delivery of campus mail and postal packages.
- Drives Boys Town vehicle as needed to complete duties of the job.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagans Boys Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor to meet the needs of the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of warehouse and mail operations and practices.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner and to build and sustain successful, professional relationships.
- Ability to successfully lead a team of associates.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelors degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience including supervisory and warehouse or mail operations.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURES, AND LANGUAGE SKILLS:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT USAGE:
Position requires moderate physical activity. Handling of average weight objects up to 20 pounds, standing and walking, and working at a keyboard, workstation, or desk.
Work is in a warehouse and mail processing environment involving exposure to temperature changes, noise, and dust.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.