Business: Boys Town
***$1,500 Hiring Bonus***
Starting pay: $17.50 (based on education and experience)
In a career as a part time Overnight Youth Counselor (Overnight Program Staff), you have the ability to impact a child's life. Youth come to Boys Town for a variety of reasons family issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, involvement in the juvenile justice system and so on. You come in by giving youth the support they need during some of their most valuable hours into the night.
Schedule: Full-time; 10:00pm-6:00am, 5 days/week
- Works collaboratively with administration in coordinating, prioritizing, and completing duties and consistently adheres to the Youth Rights.
- Maintains a communications network and harmonious working relationship with program staff.
- Documents objective observations of overnight youth activity; records, updates and enters significant information and incidents in required format.
- Carries out assigned tasks, within the scope of training and abilities as directed by the supervisor.
- Notifies appropriate personnel immediately in the incident of a safety issue or a behavioral incident by one of the children in care.
- Monitors youth constantly by remaining awake and alert, and circulating between various locations.
- Attends to youth medical and physical conditions through monitoring and notifying appropriate staff when necessary.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions outside of scheduled working hours.
- Recognizes and prompts youth on appropriate behaviors and skills.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport youth as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education is preferred.
- Previous experience working with at risk children is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and available to work flexible hours.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
About Boys Town New England:
Since opening in 1991, Boys Town New England services and programs touch the lives of 8,000 children and families in each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America's youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town New England. Our work culture recognizes the importance of furthering your education, and in order to do so we offer a number of tuition assistance and scholarship opportunities to make it happen. We also recognize the significance of being involved with our community, which means our team participates number of events such as the Newport Marathon, our annual Spirit of Youth Gala and a Christmas tree lighting on our own campus. We want to support and celebrate you as a member of our Boys Town family through all-staff cookouts, generous time off for vacation and an emphasis on leadership development here on the beautiful east coast.
Date Posted:March 25, 2022
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.