Under the general direction of the PRTF Director, or designee, will be responsible for providing psychotherapy to assigned youth and their families, which includes but is not limited to individual, group, and family therapy, generally using interventions based on cognitive-behavioral theory. This position leads assigned youths multidisciplinary teams, completes initial assessment and develops a treatment plan for each youth, and assures appropriate discharge planning.
HIRING BONUS: $5,000
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Completes an initial psycho-social history for each youth assigned within 14 days of admission, and documents all therapeutic interactions with youth, and their family/guardian on an ongoing basis following all program and hospital guidelines for documentation.
- Serves as multidisciplinary team leader for youths assigned assuring the development and implementation of a comprehensive treatment plan for each youth within 14 days of admission, and that comprehensive reviews for each treatment plan take place within 30 days and are based on consensus of the treatment team consisting of professionals and family members concerned with youths welfare and treatment.
- Provides individual, group, and family therapy to youths assigned generally using cognitive behavioral theory supported by the Psychoeducational Model. Works closely with the Supervising Practitioner to ensure appropriate interventions for youth.
- Serves as a primary communicator between assigned youths families/guardians and others involved with assigned youths treatment. Works collaboratively and professionally with community agencies to promote public relations and facilitate successful transitions of assigned youth to alternate levels of care based on initial and ongoing discharge planning which is part of each youths comprehensive treatment plan.
- Responsible for notification of appropriate authorities when abuse or neglect, or other youth rights violations are suspected to have occurred, keeping the PRTF Director or designee and the Medical Director/Supervising Practitioner apprised as appropriate.
- Develops goals and objectives designed to address drug and/or alcohol issues and conducts drug and alcohol assessments within the scope of their practice and credentials. Complies with applicable policies and procedures for a youth physical intervention (personal restraint) in the event of emergency safety situations.
- Displays professionalism through willingness to act as a team member, consistently implementing and supporting the Psychoeducational Model of treatment including the ability to receive, implement and solicit feedback from others in a timely manner. Demonstrates effective communication with coworkers, supervisors, and consumers while taking responsibility for personal and professional development through attendance at mandatory staff meetings and training sessions. Models appropriate life skills behaviors including hygiene, grooming, dress, manners, and language.
- Completes all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to appropriately resolve conflict in a crisis situation.
- Ability to communicate concisely, and work well with diverse professional staff, youth, and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to demonstrate ability to affect planned change in a positive manner.
- Provides patient care and education according to the patient population served.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Masters degree in Counseling or Social Work.
- Two years experience working with behavioral disordered youth and training in cognitive behavioral therapy, preferred.
- Certified or eligible for certification by the State of Nebraska Department of Health as a licensed Mental Health Practitioner.
- Certified or eligible for certification by the State Department of Health as a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor, preferred.
- PEM training within 6 months of hire.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Ability to work flexible schedule in order to reasonably accommodate the needs of families served.
- Must receive CPR certification and training in nationally recognized personal restraint model obtained during Preservice.
- Must be age 20 or older.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: August 4, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.